background

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Random Stuff

It's been good to be back "home" after a few weeks on the road. Here are just a few pictures from the past week to show you what I have been up to.

There is a small grocery store across the street from our apartment and I often run over there for last minute dinner stuff, snacks, etc. Well much to my surprise I stumbled across some Mississippi BBQ sauce : ) Who would think you could find a little bit of MS in Dublin, Ireland....Well, sadly when you looked at the back it was made in Ohio!! False advertising if you ask me.



This next picture was actually taken a few weeks ago but I forgot to post it.   Did you know they named cars after me over here...Ok, ok, so the actual brand is Megane and it's French but still!  They are all over the place.


Earlier in the week I met a new friend for lunch in the city and then decided I would do a little shopping.  My last stop was a fairly large shopping center with a few department stores I wanted to check out.  I desperately needed a bathroom and this point and when I found one the pic below is what I saw....SERIOUSLY, you are gonna charge me 20 cents to pee in your bathroom.  Yep, they had an attendant and a sign.  Luckily I had change in my purse or we could have had a bigger issue.  Similar to this, the grocery stores here charge you 1 euro to "rent a shopping cart" and charge you per plastic bag (unless you bring your own).  You get your money back when you return the cart to the proper location which makes me feel a little better about that though....no money came out when I flushed the toilet!!


I have been attempting to cook us healthy dinners most nights while also trying out a few new recipes.  This week we had Chicken Rolantini (I forgot to get a pic) and Sweet and Fiery Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa courtesy of skinnytaste.com. Both were excellent and I am in love with her blog and recipes.  So far everything I have made from her site has been really good.

Sweet and Fiery Pork with Mango Salsa, sugar snap peas and rice

This was last nights dinner....chicken stir fry with onions, sugar snap peas, bok choy,  carrots, baby corn, broccoli and lo mein.  Didn't really have a recipe for this one. Sorta fly by the seat of my pants concoction but it came out pretty good : )


The Tall Ships Festival started today and is happening literally steps from our front door. More on this to come....but Chad and I have been wondering how they would get the ships into the Liffey (big river that flows out the the ocean) with all the bridges in place.  The bridges didn't look like they would move at all. Well the other night I captured the answer.  The first pick below is the view of the bridge in place....The white harp looking thing is pointing towards our apartment.  The second pick is from our balcony and shows that the bridge has turned 90 degrees.  Mystery solved!



Little preview of Tall Ships Festival 




 Chad and I plan to really explore the festival this weekend and then I'm sure I will have tons to show and tell! In the mean time I am enjoying watching all the sailors walk around town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment