background

Friday, July 27, 2012

Just a walk around town...

Yesterday Chad was on call so I had the entire day and night (and today) to myself. At home I would have gotten home from work, probably eaten something frozen for dinner, then watched some TV and gone to bed. Life is a little different as a "stay at home wife".

After my spin class and lunch I decided to try to find a bookstore for more reading material!! I am loving the fact that I can read for pleasure again without falling asleep or having anything else nagging to do. So I left our apartment and started walking. The city streets here are littered with beauty! I wanted to pull out my camera phone every 5 seconds to capture something.

My walk from home takes me across the Liffey (river) into town. I love listening to the sounds of the city and all the seagulls...we are just a short walk to the ocean as well. Our apartmet is just behind that building that looks like a tilted tin can :).





I really just wandered around town most of the afternoon. I stopped in shops that looked interesting or cute. I managed to only buy 2 new books to read and a pair of cheap jeans to take to camp with me next week. Chad would have been proud :) I love all the little streets with flags and lights draped across. They look like something out of a movie.


This church was nestled in the middle of the city...so pretty! I have no idea what church it is.


This cute little shop had vintage and vintage inspired clothes. I could have spent some money in this place!! The dresses they had were so cute!


Beautiful flower stands everywhere with reasonably priced blooms...I am a huge sucker for fresh flowers but I managed to contain myself. If I were in St. Louis our whole house would be full of those hydrangeas.



The last shop I stopped in I found this t-shirt...too funny. I felt the need to follow it's instructions and here it is "on my blog".


When I started getting tired and hungry I headed for home. This last shot is a picture of the sun setting off our balcony...at about 10:30pm. Yep folks, they have some long days here during the summer. I can't complain though. It means I can be out walking around in the light longer.


We have decided to go to Malahide this weekend. It's a small fishing village about 30 minutes outside of Dublin. They are having a huge festival with food and music and who knows what else!

No comments:

Post a Comment