background

Thursday, July 5, 2012

We're going to Jackson...

Just like the title of this post and the song by Johnny Cash, Lola and I headed for Jackson this past Tuesday.  I am leaving for Ireland in less than 1 week (Ahhhhh) and had to get Lola to the grandparents for safe keeping.  We loaded up the car with all of Lola's beds (yes she has more than one), toys, food and other necessities and headed south.  I can hear Chad now making fun of my "bug eye" sunglasses. He hates them, I can't understand why : )



I drove while this spoiled rotten bulldog snoozed in the back seat.  She would occasionally wake up and drool on the center console before going back to sleep. Must be the life!!


We made an overnight pit stop in Chad's home town of Pontotoc, MS. It's about a 6 hour drive from St. Louis.  It was great to get to see Chad's family once more before I left. We went into town to have dinner at Kirk's then watched Mattie at softball practice.

This is a picture of her last game...I forgot to get one at practice : (

The next morning Cathy made bacon biscuits for breakfast and I got to spend a litte more time with the family before getting back on the road. You know you are in the country when you wake up to wild turkeys and their off spring in the back yard and your mother-in-law pours you a to go cup thats pink camo : )


Lola and I made it Jackson just in time to celebrate the 4th of July with my family. She settled in to the brand new bed my mom got for her right away! That makes 3 beds for that spoiled dog.

We grilled burgers and hot dogs and had a festive dessert of pineapple cake with whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries.  


The next morning everyone had to go to work so I enjoyed some pooltime all to myself. Hopefully I can get a little color before I leave for Ireland. From what Chad tells me they don't see much sun : (


Sunday I fly back to St. Louis and 3 days later I leave for Ireland!!! I can't wait to see Chad and get to know my home for the next six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment