background

Monday, October 15, 2012

Better late than never...

I know, I know....it's been about 2 weeks since I blogged.  I'm sure my 5 readers are bored out of their minds, haha!  Anyways, I have a good excuse.  Between friends visiting, then my parents and then a trip to Rome I have barely had a chance to catch up on anything.

So, rewind a couple weeks and I will fill you in.  September 30th my very bestest friend in the the whole world came to visit.  I have known Jessica since freshman year of high school...whether we haven't talked in a month or we've been on the phone weekly, we just pick up right where we left off.  She and Brian (the boyfriend) live in NYC and were able to make the 5 hour flight over to spend 4 days in Dublin. 

They arrived in the morning and while Brian took a nap Jess and I went for a walk into town.  Luckily the weather was great while they were here and we didn't have to trudge around in too much rain. 

Jess standing near the Liffey
Their first full day here we went on the Jameson tour (I've been a few times now!) which they both enjoyed and wandered around Dublin.  Jess did some shopping...getting a Barbour Coat which I am jealous of : ) and an adorable pair of LK Bennett nude pumps just like Kate Middleton.  We dragged Brian all over creation but he was a good sport.










On their second day in Ireland we drove to Kilkenny, a small town about 1.5 hours from Dublin.  We toured Kilkenny Castle and then walked around the adorable town.  Kilkenny had just won the All-Ireland Hurling Finals and the town was decked out in black and gold in celebration.  We ate lunch in a little pub before getting back in the car to make a stop at the Kildare Village Outlet Mall....yep more shopping!


Kilkenny Castle

Go Cats!
We had a blast and I didn't take nearly enough pictures to document all we did.  Sadly, they had to go back to NYC but my parents arrived the very next morning!  More on that to come : )

No comments:

Post a Comment