background

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Home Sweet Home...

As much as I am loving our European travels, with the holidays drawing near I am getting a little homesick!

I miss our house and decorating for fall.
I miss the cool fall days when Lola would sit on the deck and "supervise" me raking leaves.
I miss my fat bulldog snoring while I clean the house with the windows open and a pumpkin spice candle burning.
I miss seeing all the kids at the hospital getting excited for Halloween.
I miss my crock pot with hearty winter stews and soups.
I miss meeting up with good friends after work for dinner.
I miss our church and church family.
I miss college football on T.V and cheering for UGA.
I miss the Thanksgiving section in the grocery store and looking forward to stuffing and turkey.
I miss my bed...my king sized bed!
I miss watching the kids in our neighborhood playing in the front yard.
I miss going to the pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkins for the porch.
Me and Jess picking out pumpkins at Eckert's
pumpkin carving party
Lola dressed up as a dancing hippo for Halloween

yummy turkey!

Lola on the deck

Good times with good friends!

I am so thankful for this experience that Chad and I have been given.  I wouldn't trade our time in Ireland and all of our travels for anything....but I'm getting ready to come home and get back to reality!  I am in bulldog withdrawal and may carry Lola around in a "dog purse" for a few weeks once I get back : )

2 comments: