background

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Paris Finale...and it was GRAND!

For our last 2 days in Paris we were blessed to have our good friends Katie and Devon join us!  I was so excited to see them both and get to catch up on whats happening in STL.  Katie is a 5th year neurosurgery resident and Devon is the same year as Chad.  We have really been so lucky to have such great friends in Chad's program (and mine too).

After a small passport fiasco at the airport Katie and Devon made it to our hotel.  We had a little breakfast and then Katie went to take a nap while the rest of us wandered around Paris.  I wanted to see the Louvre and it's famous glass pyramid so that was our first stop.  We explored the grounds but opted not to go in.  I won't pretend to be really into art museums...while it would have been cool to say we saw the Mona Lisa in person I was ok missing it.

Chad and Devon in front of the Louvre
The famous glass pyramid is the entrance and underground lobby.
 The Louvre was originally a 12th century palace and had beautiful grounds and gardens.  This massive arch was in front of the actual museum and had a huge statue on top.


Gardens
After the Louvre we walked along the River Seine and sat in a sidewalk cafe to do a little people watching.  It was a perfect Paris afternoon!  We did stumble across Saint Louis Street on the way home. 
 Once Katie had a little nap she was ready to go!  Chad and I had made reservations for dinner at a traditional French Bistro that was recommended by our concierge.  In case any of you will be making a trip to Paris soon, you should definitely go to Le Fermette Marbouf!!!  The food was incredible and the service exceptional.  We really had the "French experience". 
Katie and Devon before dinner.

Beautiful ceiling in the restaurant

The four of us after dinner

On our walk back from dinner we stopped for a photo op in front of the Arc with the Eiffel Tower lit up in the background. 


I like this one in black in white : ) 
The next day Katie and I did what we do best together...shop!  We stopped in Louis Vuitton just to look....really!  We were not planning on making any purchases.  However, I have an AMAZING husband who wanted to get me a souvenir from Paris and Katie couldn't go home empty handed.  Look at those big smiles (below)!  We are two happy girls!  It had been raining most of the morning so our bags came with their own ponchos....which they should at that price. 

Most people know I am a bargain shopper and love a good deal!  In fact Chad says I will buy anything as long as it's cheaper today than it was yesterday.  Well, let me tell you if you want to buy a Louis then Paris is the place to do it.  With the exchange rate of the Euro and the tax back you get when you leave the country it actually turns out to be a better deal!

So if you are wondering what I got....here it is!  My Neverful MM and I LOVE HIM!  Thanks Chad!! 

So versatile!
The next day we headed back to Dublin...Chad back to work and me back to A LOT of laundry.  I can't say enough about what a great trip we had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment