background

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Home Sweet Home....

Hey y'all!  I am HOME!!!  That's right, this blog is coming to you from St. Louis, MO.  Don't worry there is still more of Switzerland to come but I had to interrupt your regularly scheduled program to let y'all know.....I'M HOME : )

I left Dublin this past Thursday and flew the 9 hours to STL.  The night before I left Chad and I had one last date night and walked around looking at the Christmas lights in the city.  Dublin certainly does Christmas well.  The picture below is the famous Grafton Street studded with chandeliers of lights. 
The next day Chad left work to take me to the airport.  While I was sooo sad to leave Chad in Ireland for Christmas I could not wait to get home, sleep in my own bed and of course head for Mississippi!  Chad will fly home the day after Christmas straight to Jackson.
In the airport before I left
Once I went through Dublin security and then the U.S. Customs pre-clearance the agent welcomed me home to the U.S. (even though I still in Ireland).  The entire U.S. area of the airport had trees decorated in red, white and blue : )
The flight went smoothly and before I knew it I was in Chicago.  Now, Chicago was a bit chaotic...I was blessed to be on one of the few flights that wasn't cancelled or delayed due to winter weather.  There were so many disappointed (and angry) people in the airport trying to get to their destinations.  We took off just as it started to snow in Chicago and made it to St. Louis 5 minutes early!

The next morning I headed in to work to make sure all my ducks were in a row before I go back for real in January!  I also wanted to be there to give Teresa (our certified residency Mother) her Christmas gift!
A few of the residents with Teresa : )
After lunch with a my friend Kimber at St Louis Bread Co and dinner with another group of friends.  I headed home to re-pack for my flight home to Jackson!  I'll be in Jackson by 9pm tonight and can't wait to see my family and Miss Lola Belle!!  Oh how I have missed this sweet face!

Did I mention I'm excited to me home????

2 comments:

  1. Eeek you're HOME!!!! So happy to have you back in the states and even happier you will be in Mississippi for Christmas! Chad won't be far behind you, so that's wonderful news! Hope you have a safe flight, and a Merry Christmas with y'alls families!!! Can you tell I'm excited your back?!?! So blessed to know you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy you are too sweet! I am so blessed to have you as a friend too : )

      Delete